Raw Dark Chocolate ...with a smooth caramel filling!
Devilishly decadent, these raw chocolate need no introduction. Gluten-free, diary-free and refined sugar-free, they’re simple to make and oh-so-tasty (with none of the nasties)! This recipe for sugar-free chocolate caramels comes from Angelique Panagos. You will find the ingredients at your supermarket or local health store.
1 cup Cacao Butter, chopped
2tbs Raw Cacao Powder
2tbs Rice Malt Syrup or Coconut blossom Nectar (to taste)
1 tbs Lacuma Powder
2tbs Coconut Milk
Pinch Sea Salt (optional)
1 cup pitted Dates
2tbs Almond Butter
2tbs Rice Malt Syrup or Coconut Blossom Nectar
1tsp Coconut Oil
5tbs Cocao Butter
- Soak dates in hot water for 15mins.
- Prepare a bain marie using a medium sized bowl. (To prepare a bain marie simply Place a bowl into a shallow bowl or saucepan of hot water to surround the inner bowl with a gentle heat.)
- Start preparing your filling by melting the 5tbs of cacao butter in the bain marie, stirring gently to aid the melting process.
- Add the melted cacao butter and all of the other ingredients for the filling to a blender and blend until you have a smooth, caramel cream paste.
- Place the filling in a bowl and pop in the freezer while you prepare the chocolate.)
- Prepare a new bain marie and melt the cup of diced cacao butter for the chocolate. Stir gently to aid the melting.
- Add the melted cacao butter and all of the other ingredients for the chocolate to a blender and blend until you have a smooth but runny chocolate liquid.
- In a silicone mould of your choice pour enough chocolate into each mould to create a base, this base should be 1/3 of the thickness of the finished chocolate and of the mould it is being set in.
- Set the remaining chocolate mixture aside.
- Place the mould in the freezer for 5-10mins.
- Spoon a small ball of caramel filling into each mould and press down lightly onto it a cold spoon.
- Pour the remaining chocolate over the top of each mould. Do this with a spoon or piping bag.
- Set in the freezer for 30-45mins.